What is the European Climate Pact?
The European Climate Pact is an EU-wide initiative to rally people, communities and organisations to participate in climate action and build a greener Europe. Launched in December 2020, the Pact will focus on spreading awareness and supporting action.
Research and innovation lie at the very heart of the Green Deal. Participation and engagement in the Climate Pact are therefore critical. At the same time, the Pact offers unique opportunities to raise the profile and visibility of your own activities.
The European Climate Pact encourages interested candidates to explore the potential within their project and extended networks for someone to take on the role of European Climate Pact ambassador, how they might feature and promote the Pact at forthcoming events, possibly even hosting “satellite events” or how their goals and objectives could become the base for a climate-related “pledge”.
What is the role of Ambassadors?
- Reach out to people and/or organisations who are not yet involved in climate action
- Inform, inspire and support climate action within their communities and networks
- Lead by example in climate action and in environmental protection
- Become a bridge between civil society, interested stakeholders and the European Commission
Who can become an Ambassador?
- Anyone can apply to become an Ambassador as an individual
- Organisations can suggest a representative who would become an Ambassador on their behalf (changing the representative requires informing the Commission and delivering all relevant details)
- Ambassadors commit to respecting the Pact’s values
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Recognition of your role from the European Commission, e.g. on the Pact website
- Visibility for your climate action, e.g. on the Pact website and social media
- Communication tools, e.g. a Pact communication kit (available in early 2021)
- Access to the network of Ambassadors
Today is the deadline, so do not miss out! Anyone can apply!
More information about the European Climate Pact here.
The application form can be found here.
Note: Original photo retrieved from the website. All rights reserved.